Perhaps the most common reason to hire a lawyer to deal with a traffic violation is where you may face having multiple points on you record. Multiple points on your driving record may designate you as a negligent operator of a vehicle and could result in the DMV revoking or suspending your driver's license, if you amass a certain number of points over a period of time. Under California Vehicle Code Section 12810.5(a), the DMV will presume a driver is negligent if he or she adds to his or her record:
- 4 or more points in 12 months
- 6 or more points in 24 months
- 8 or more points in 36 months
- under Cal. Veh. Code Section 12810.3 cell phone violations of Cal. Veh. Code Section 23123, Section 23123.5, Section 23124.
- under Cal. Veh. Code Section 12810.4 blocking a crosswalk or intersection violation of Cal. Veh. Code Section 22526
- under Cal. Veh. Code Section 12810.2 seat belt violations of Cal. Veh. Section 27315
Call (323)299-1664 or email email@example.com to set up a free consultation with Los Angeles personal injury and criminal defense attorney Gabriel H. Avina.
*For more information see our Criminal Defense page.